A travel insurance compensates you or pays for any financial liabilities arising out of medical and non-medical emergencies during your travel abroad or within the country.
There are two types of Travel Insurance.
Single Trip Policy
It covers you during a trip that lasts under 180 days.
Annual Multi Trip
It covers you for several trips you take within a year.
What does insurance not cover?
Your policy may not cover liabilities in certain situations. These are known as exclusions.
Let’s have a look at a few of them.
|Travel||– Travelling against the advice of the physician|
– Baggage delay for less than 24 hours
– Psychological illness or self-inflicted injuries during your trip
– War or civil unrest in international locations
– Participation in hazardous sports like bungee jumping, parachuting, etc.
How much does insurance cost?
Your insurance costs depend on your premium amount. This premium amount depends on several factors that differ from insurance to insurance. Here’s a look:
- The sum assured
- The type of coverage/plan
- Your health
- The location of travel